President Barack Obama
Directions: Answer each question based on what the president has to say during his address. The following questions are in response to President Barrack Obama’s State of the Union Address. This is worth 20 points, 5 points for each response. For full credit, give in depth details and cite examples from the speech to back your answers up.
1. The economy is the number one issue on everybody's mind. What strategy does the President explain on how he plans to fix the economy? What about this plan do you like or dislike, and why? Does he have plans for taxes?
2. Income inequality is a major topic of discussion this year. What is the president’s plan to help solve the growing income gap? On another note, what did the president say about the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare?
3. What foreign policy issues did President Obama put forward during the address, and how does he propose to deal with these countries and their issues?
4. What is your overall opinion of the President's State of the Union Address? What, if anything, did you agree and/or disagree with in the President's speech? Explain your answers.
- Why is there always one member of the President’s Cabinet not present at the SOTU Address?